Here's a brief biographical sketch:
- Born in 1973 in Heidelberg, Germany.
- 1992-1998: Studies of Computer Science in Karlsruhe, London and Berlin.
- 1998-2002: PhD Student and Research Associate at King's College London,
working on several EPSRC-funded projects. Graduated in 2003 with a thesis on Modal Logics of Ordered Trees,
written under the supervision of Dov Gabbay.
- 2002-2005: Research Associate and later Research Fellow at Imperial College London,
working on the SOCS project on Computational Logic and Multiagent Systems,
funded by the European Commission.
- Since 2005: member of the academic staff at the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
(ILLC) at the University of Amsterdam (tenured since 2006).
Assistant Professor (UD) 2005-2011. Associate Professor (UHD) 2011-2019. Full Professor (HGL) since 2019.