Reading Club Multiple View Geometry by Hartley & Zisserman
We, Leo Dorst [leo@UVA_SCIENCE_ADDRESS] and Jan-Mark Geusebroek [mark@UVA_SCIENCE_ADDRESS],
will orchestrate a reading club based on
the book Multiple View Geometry by Hartley and Zisserman.
The goal is to provide a focus for getting this book read and understood, to develop a common vocabulary and provide a forum for the various people involved in these geometric reconstruction techniques.
book web site
for the table of contents and sample chapters.
If you are not sure whether this reading group is interesting for you, feel free to browse the book at either Leo's (F0.07) or Jan-Mark's (F0.05) office. The price of the book is around 60 euros (which your supervisor may be willing to reimburse from the project you're working on).
You will need to be truly committed, as you are expected to:
If you are interested in taking part, please send an email to Leo or Jan-Mark.
You can volunteer to present a particular chapter; remaining chapters will be assigned.
If you are merely interested in the basics, and (possibly) will skip the chapters after February 15, please let us know in your reply.
- read the forthcoming chapter(s) every week beforehand
- present one chapter yourself
All gatherings take place on Fridays, 10:-12:00 in F0.09 at UvA/IvI, Kruislaan 403, Amsterdam.
|| Ch 1
|| all figures of the book (1st ed)
|| read this by yourself to get the overview
| Jan 18, 2008
|| Ch 2
|| Projective geometry and transformations of 2D (mainly linear Algebra intro)
|| slides Ch2
|| Vladimir Nedovic
| Jan 25, 2008
|| Ch 3
Projective geometry and transformations of 3D
|| Isaac Esteban
| Feb 1, 2008
Symposium Natural Scene Perception in honor of Jan Koenderink
| Feb 8, 2008
|| Ch 4
Estimation - 2D projective transformations (including RANSAC)
|| Ivo Everts
| Feb 15, 2008
|| Ch 5
Algorithmic evaluation and error analysis (including error propagation)
|| slides Ch5
|| Jasper Uijlings
| Feb 22, 2008
|| Ch 6+7
Camera models + Computation of the camera matrix P
|| slides Ch6,
|| Hoffmann:6, Nederveen:7
| Feb 29, 2008
|| Ch 8+9
More single view geometry + Epipolar geometry and the fundamental matrix
|| slides Ch8
|| Olaf Booij
| Mar 7, 2008
|| Ch 11+15
|| Computation of the fundamental matrix F + The trifocal tensor
|| slides Ch11&13
|| Gijs Dubbelman
| Mar 14, 2008
|| App 6 + Zhang paper
|| Iterative Estimation Methods + Camera calibration
|| slides App6/Zhang
|| Daniel Fontijne
Products of the Reading Club
- The remarks that came up during the discussion are summarized in these NOTES.
- For the slides refer to the table above.
- Isaac Esteban has been programming all of HZ into Matlab, this code is available as his Zisserman Toolbox.
Currently Registered Members
- Olaf Booij (ISLA-IAS)
- Carsten Cibura (ISLA-IAS)
- Leo Dorst (ISLA-IAS)
- Gijs Dubbelman (ISLA-IAS/TNO)
- Isaac Esteban (ISLA-IAS/TNO)
- Ivo Everts (ISLA-ISIS)
- Jan-Mark Geusebroek (ISLA-ISIS)
- Michael Hofmann (ISLA-IAS)
- Daniel Fontijne (ISLA-IAS)
- Dang Trung Kien (ISLA-ISIS) (occasionally)
- Michael Metternich (ISLA-ISIS)
- Arco Nederveen (Eagle Vision)
- Vladimir Nedovic (ISLA-ISIS)
- Koen van de Sande (ISLA-ISIS) (partially)
- Jasper Uijlings (ISLA-ISIS)
- Daan Vreeswijk(ISLA-ISIS)
- Marcel Worring (ISLA-ISIS) (occasionally)
- Victoria Yanulevskaya (ISLA-ISIS)