Here you will find my education and working history, together with a list of my professional activities:
Education and employment history:
- Assistant professor: UvA (Mar. 2011 - current)
- Researcher: UvA (Sep.2004- Feb. 2011)
- Network engineer: Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) - Stanford, Ca USA (Jan. 2001-
- Postgraduate researcher: Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) - Stanford, Ca USA
(Jan. 2000- Dec.2000)
- Graduate: Physics - University of Turin, Italy (degree on Feb.2000)
- Research fellowship: INFN - National Institute Nuclear Physics, Italy (Dec. 1995- Oct. 1996)
- Undergraduate: Physics - University of Turin, Italy (degree cum laude on Nov.1995)
Organization and management
- Invited participant to the FNWI Ambassadeur Programma (2013/2014)
- UvA contact for the Open Science Data Cloud (OSDC)/PIRE international collaboration (2012-present)
- ASCI scientific committee (wetenschapcommissie) (2013 - present)
- Editor of ”High Speed Networks for Research” special section in Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS) journal (mid 2013)
- Chair of the education committee (onderwijscommissie) for the SNE and SE Master (2012-present)
- Board member of the WIF - Women in the Faculty - committee (2012-present)
- Co-chair of the NML-WG of the Open Grid Forum (2006-2009).
- Technical program committee of the 13th annual ON*VECTOR workshop - San Diego, CA March 2014.
- Technical program committee of ASCI.OPEN2013 - Delft Nov. 2013
- Technical program committee of the "CGC2013 (International Conference on Cloud and Green Computing 2013)" located in Karlsruhe, Germany, Sept. 30 to Oct. 2, 2013.
- Organizing committee member of the "Collaborative research using eScience infrastructure and high speed networks" workshop, co-located with the IEEE International Conference on eScience on 9 October 2012 in Chicago, Illinois (2012)
- Organizing committee member of the SuperComputing conference (2001-2005)
- Technical program committee member GridNets2009 (Third International ICST Conference on Networks for Grid Applications)
- Technical program committee member GridNets2008 (Second International ICST Conference on Networks for Grid Applications)
- Technical program committee member MG08 (Mardi Gras 2008 conference Distributed Applications) [Baton Rouge, LS, Usa]
- Technical program committee member PFLDnet2007 (Fifth International Workshop on Protocols for FAST Long-Distance Net-
works) [Marina del Rey, CA, Usa]
Scholarships, grants and prizes
- Optical Switching and Networking, top cited article.
Jeroen van der Ham, Freek Dijkstra, Paola Grosso, Ronald van der Pol, Andree Toonk, Cees de Laat, "A distributed topology information system for optical networks based on the semantic web", Elsevier Journal on Optical Switching and Networking, Volume 5, Issues 2-3, June 2008, pp 85-93
- Best paper award ABC:MI'10. Zhiming Zhao, Paola Gosso, Ralph Koning, Jeroen van der Ham, Cees de Laat, "An agent based planner for including network QoS in scientific workflows", Int'l workshop on Agent Based Computing: from Model to Implementation VII (ABC:MI'10)
- 2008 International award for Innovation in Networking' from CENIC - Corporation for Education Network Initiatives in California
- SLAC research division top performer 2004;
- SLAC research division top performer 2003;
- Della Riccia Fellowship 2000, awarded to outstanding young Italian Physics researchers to
- INFN (Italian Institute for Nuclear Physics) Research Fellowship 1996, granted to recently
graduated promising Master students.