Jasper Stokman's home page
Jasper V. Stokman
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Faculty of Science
Institute for Mathematics
Science Park 904
1098 XH Amsterdam
Room number: C3.116
Telephone: +31 20 525 5202
Fax: +31 20 525 5101
j.v.stokman AT uva.nl.
I am an associate professor in mathematics at the KdV institute for Mathematics
(Universiteit van Amsterdam) and affiliate professor at IMAPP
(Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen) occupying the endowed chair
Integrable systems and Lie Theory for one day per week.
My research interests are
and their interrelations.
Lie theory, in particular representation theory of
quantum groups and affine Hecke algebras,
in particular integrable quantum many body systems
and integrable lattice models,
Hypergeometric functions, in particular basic and elliptic
hypergeometric functions associated to root systems,
First semester 2013-2014: master course
Quantum groups and knot theory
(together with Eric Opdam).
First semester 2013-2014: Linear Algebra for first year Physics and Astronomy
Second semester 2013-2014: second year bachelor course "Topology".
Second semester 2013-2014: master course "Representation Theory and Integrable
Systems" in Nijmegen (together with Erik
I was a co-organiser of the
Lorentz center workshop
Elliptic integrable systems and hypergeometric functions,
which took place from July 15 until July 19, 2013.
- Connection coefficients for basic Harish-Chandra series, Adv. Math.
250 (2014), 351-386.
- The c-function expansion of a basic hypergeometric function associated to
root systems, Ann. of Math. (2) 179 (2014), no. 1, 253-299.
- Extended trigonometric Cherednik algebras and nonstationary
Schrodinger equations with delta-potentials, J. Math. Phys.
54, 021702 (2013), 20 pp., with
- Some remarks on very-well-poised 8phi7 series,
SIGMA Symmetry Integrability Geom. Methods Appl.
8 (2012), Paper 039, 17 pp.
- Quantum affine Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations and quantum
spherical functions, I, Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN
2011, no. 5, 1023-1090.
- Double affine Hecke algebras and bispectral quantum
Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations, Int. Math. Res. Not.
IMRN 2010, no. 6, 969-1040, with Michel van Meer.
Click here for a complete list of
my publications (pdf).
- Koornwinder polynomials and the XXZ spin chain,
arXiv:1310.5545, with B. Vlaar.
To appear in J. Approx. Theory (special issue dedicated to the 80th birthday
of Dick Askey).
- Reflection quantum Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations and Bethe vectors,
and B. Vlaar.
(Former) PhD students and post-docs
- Kayed Al-Qasemi (2014-present), jointly with
- Michel van Meer (2006-2010),
PhD thesis "Bispectral quantum Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov
- Fokko van de Bult
(2003-2007), PhD thesis "Hyperbolic hypergeometric functions".
- Erdal Emsiz (2001-2006), PhD thesis "Affine Weyl Groups and Integrable
Systems with Delta-Potentials" (jointly with