WS-VLAM Core Features
- The aim of the system is to provide and support coordinated execution of distributed
Grid-enabled software components combined in a workflow. This system combines the ability
to take advantage of the underlying Grid infrastructure and a flexible high-level rapid
prototyping environment [movie] [movie-with-sound-track-youTube].
The WS-VLAM workflow management system is developed following the OGSA/WSRF standards
The workflow engine of the WS-VLAM is implemented as a WSRF compliant Web service making
- Core features:
- Interface to develop and port existing Application in C/C++, JAVA, and python.
- Provide streaming facilities between applications executed on resource geographically distributed
- Support for legacy application
- Workflow provenance using history-tracing XML-based provenance framework
- Support the composition and the execution of hierarchical workflows
- Support for remote graphical output
- Provides a tool to convert Web services into workflow components
- Provides tools to define, annotate, search for workflow components
- Provides the detach/attach capability for long running workflows.
- Provides a monitoring facilities based on the WS-notification.
- Provides workflow farming posibilities
- Provides provenance capabilities: store and search
- Can be added as a plug in to the VBrowser
- The The WS-VLAM is currently deployed on the rapid prototyping environment
(DAS3 clusters). It is
now being tested to become availale on PoC infrastructure.
However, WS-VLAM system can also be deployed on any Grid (Globus)
enabled system. The WS-VLAM client can run on any desktop where java 1.5