sense of curiosity is nature's original school of education."
During my Ph. D.
thesis, I was involve in the following classes:
"Zonnestelsel" (Solar System - with H. Henrichs),
"Astrophysica" (with L. Kaper),
"Astrofysica van compacte objecten"
(Astrophysics of compact objects - with R. Wijnands)
"Waarneempracticum" (Observational project
with R. Waters.) This last class is my
favorite one and I have been part of the team for three periods. During
this project the (master) student have to think about an astronomical
project, write a proposal which is carefully study by a committee, go
to La Palma to do the observations at the Mercator
Telescope and finally come home to reduce the data to finally
write a report, similar to what a professional paper should be. More
about this project, the project reports and manuals, please see below
- Exoplanets by O. Slooten (pdf file)
- Morphology of nearby galaxies by A.
Kapinska (pdf file)
- Peculiarities in X-ray binaries SS 433 and V* V615
by G. van de Akker & R. de Rooij (pdf file)
- Geometry of Planetary Nebulae and Thickness of
their Ionization Shells by O. van Braam & A.
de Vries (pdf file)
- High resolution imaging of Jupiter, its moons,
Saturn and its rings by N.D. Degenaar &
C.J.H. Kruip (pdf file)
- Basic observations of gravitational lenses by
Y. Grange (pdf file)
- BL Lacertae Objects by J. Withagen
(Sorry, not available)
- The orbit and color of Pluto and Quaoar by
K. Peters (Sorry, not available)
(September - December 2005):
- Galaxies by T.
Coenen & S. Hardeman (pdf file)
- Exoplanets by A.
Teenstra & D. Meeburg (pdf file)
- Light echos by N.
Miensen & B. Dianiska (pdf file)
- Asteroid Tracking by H.
Veerman & T. de Boer (pdf
- Dark Clouds by B.
Hismtra & J. M. van Breemen (pdf file)
- Gravitational Lenses by M.P.
Visser & T.M. Weller (pdf file)
(September - December 2006):